Connecting with peers in your industry
LinkedIn is an obvious source of information and job listings, but networking with peers can provide a level of insight that can accelerate your return to work. Below are some resources that may be helpful. And remember: networking doesn’t end once you land the job! Think of it as your career lifeblood.
- Adzuna Job search engine used by 10+ million visitors monthly.
- America’s Job Exchange Job search/career management site.
- Beeya automatically matches employers and employees.
- Best Jobs USA Provides a directory of job fairs.
- BizHired showcases business jobs/careers.
- Career Cast provides high quality, local job listings in a wide variety of professions.
- Doostang Compiling job listings from entry-level to executive careers.
- Help Wanted is a resource for online job searching and recruitment by providing both employers and job seekers an easy-to-use platform to connect on.
- Employment Guide and its affiliates provide local job and career education opportunities in markets across the nation.
- Idealist The go-to site for non-profit careers.
- Indeed With 200+ million unique visitors every month, this is the world’s leading job board.
- Job connects great people across the U.S. with great companies.
- JobCase Aims to empower visitors in their vocational, professional, and volunteering pursuits.
- Jobillico Seeks to find perfect matches between 6,000+ businesses and 650,000 job-seekers within their network.
- Jobrapido is one of the biggest and fastest growing job sites in the world operating in 58 countries.
- Ju Ju is a job search engine linking to millions of jobs found on thousands employer career portals, recruiter websites, job boards, and other employment sites all over the internet.
- Link Up is a job search engine that searches over 30,000+ company websites, building an up-to-date list of the best jobs on the internet.
- Monster is a global online employment solution for people seeking jobs and the employers who need great people.
- Neuvoo is a job search engine that aggregates jobs directly from companies’ career websites, placement agencies and job boards.
- Recruiter enables users to search 6+ million jobs and stay on top of the job market with job alerts.
- Tip Top Job Interested in an international career? Check out Tip Top Job.
- Zippia A research site with career pathway information and job listings.
- Zip Recruiter Provides an easy way to search hundreds of job boards.
This blog has a list of trade shows by industry; connect with others in your field: https://www.marketing-mentor.com/pages/trade-list
- Bulletproof Your Career — Pat Romboletti is a renowned career coach and TED speaker. (Her book is free via Audible, or available on Amazon.) She offers free, weekly webinars on a variety of job hunting topics.
- Here is a list of books frequently recommended by job coaches.
- Amazon offers just about every career-focused book under the sun.
In addition to the job resources listed above, meditation and other relaxation strategies provide peace of mind. Consider regular exercise, as well. Exercise releases endorphins which help to improve mood and can actually help with cognitive function.
– Six techniques for stress relief
– 10 Benefits of exercise
– Music for stress relief