Roasted broccoli is made more interesting with addition of ginger soy sauce. And, it’s a no fuss way to incorporate vegetables into your meals!
Because you line a cookie sheet with foil, this side dish also means no clean up, which is a big plus in my household.
Broccoli is a highly nutritious vegetable: providing fiber, vitamin C, vitamin K, iron, and potassium. It also boasts more protein than most other vegetables.
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 12 minutes
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 2 tbs soy sauce
- 2 tbs ginger paste
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 1 tsp each, salt & pepper
- 1/4 tsp red chili flakes
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Cut florets to about 1″; uniformity is important to ensure even cooking
- Mix soy sauce, ginger paste and chili flakes in a small bowl; set aside
- Line a cookie sheet with aluminium foil
- Toss florets with olive oil, salt and pepper
- Spread florets onto cookie sheet and place in hot oven for about 12 minutes, until fork tender
- Remove broccoli from cookie sheet and place on serving platter; drizzle sauce and serve hot
Note: you can substitute roasted green beans for the roasted broccoli, if desired. If you want to buy a whole head of broccoli and use the stem as well as the florets, simply trim off the little side leaves and slice into 1/4″ coins. The stem will add additional texture.