Pressed for time? This rotisserie chicken and green bean “cheat meal” can be made in minutes with just a few ingredients.
Rotisserie chicken and green bean stir fry also makes for a nutritious meal: the beans are a good source of vitamin C, dietary fiber, folate, vitamin K and silicon (needed for healthy bones, skin, and hair).
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 15 minutes
1 rotisserie chicken
1 medium yellow onion, diced
“Cook in Bag” green beans (which should be available in the produce section; use fresh green beans if the bagged variety isn’t available, just be aware that you need to top and tail fresh beans, which adds to prep time)
1 tsp ginger paste (or 1 tsp grated fresh ginger)
1 tsp garlic paste (or 1 tsp minced fresh garlic)
1 tsp each, salt & pepper
2 tbs hoisin sauce
2 tbs low-sodium soy sauce
1 1/2 tsp rice wine vinegar
2 tbs peanut, or vegetable oil
1/4 cup dry roasted peanuts (optional)
- Pick and shred the meat from the chicken
- Heat oil, garlic and ginger in wok for 1-2 minutes
- Add green beans, salt, pepper; stir for 5-7 minutes, until beans begin to soften
- Once beans have started to soften up, add 2 tbs water and cover wok; reduce heat to medium and let steam for about 4 minutes (check halfway to ensure that they don’t overcook)
- As soon as the beans are tender enough, add chicken hoisin, soy and vinegar. Stir to ensure that sauce coats chicken and green beans evenly.
- If desired, add peanuts just before serving for added crunch. Serve over rice.